You have a body. You have a bikini. Therefore, you have a bikini body. But if you’re struggling to feel confident in a bikini, there are quick fixes for that, and just in time for the Fourth of July at the pool, on the beach or relaxing on the lake. By all means — you’ve got it, flaunt it!
- Choose the right bikini. Just as you shop for the perfect pair of jeans, search for styles that work perfectly for your body. Try on plenty of styles to find the one that makes you feel absolutely beautiful, because when you feel good, you look good.
- Prep your skin to look beautiful, tan or no tan, by exfoliating and moisturizing. Using a gentle scrub followed by a moisturizer is the quickest way to achieve bright, healthy and glowing skin. You’ll especially want to follow these steps before fake tanning! If you’re rocking a post-baby body for the first time, try some stretch mark cream before hitting the beach!
- Get that summer glow! There are plenty of fake tanners out there if you need color fast that will deliver you a beautiful, non-streaky and glowing tan. I personally love Tan Towels, Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube and Fake Bake.
- Break out the waterproof makeup! If you’re totally confident being bare-faced, go for it. But if you want to hold on to some of that pretty glam on the beach, opt for a light BB cream that won’t cake in the sun and waterproof mascara.
- Choose food that works for you, not against you — to slim and debloat. There are so many that possess debloating properties. Reach for ginger, bananas, or melons… and drink plenty of water!
- Perfect your posture. Any body looks better when it’s stood up straight with shoulders back. Exude confidence and you’ll feel confident… it really is that simple.
- Rock a hairstyle. The trick to feeling confident in your own skin, even in a bikini, is feeling confident head to toe. Give your locks a big voluminous style or opt for a mermaid-style braid!
Happy Independence Day — enjoy your most confident and beautiful self!